Here is an overview of the meeting, I am going to use bullet points for this post:
- A right of way was approved for the new fire station at Woodsonia & 53rd St.
- The mayor recognized Josh Owen for his bravery in 2016; he received a gunshot wound for helping a woman who was being attacked at a WalMart.
- The council chose SpringSted Waters for the firm to help the council choose a new city manager.
- The council approved the appointment of James Kilmartin to the Board of Zoning Appeals; he will replace Matt Zimmerman.
- Federally Taxable Private Activity Revenue Bonds were issued for the Westbrooke Green Project.
- A Special Use Permit was issued for the new Scooters at the NE corner or 75th and Quivira.
- The city will permanently close the railroad crossing at 55th street (Martindale Rd & Johnson Drive).
Our next council meeting will be Feb 26th, 7:00pm, Shawnee City Hall.